Sunday 1 January 2017

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

We had a great Christmas! Surrounded by those we love the most! We got spoiled as always! Since having Lane Christmas has become so much more fun! I love watching the magic in his sweet little eyes as we made cookies for Santa and how his eyes lit up when he woke up Christmas morning to his presents! I know Christmas is much more than what you buy at the store but it is so fun watching Lanes excitement and joy on Christmas! The best gift of all was getting so be with all of our families over the holidays!


2016 was a great year for us Smiths! We snow shoed with family!

Lane turned 2 and had many parties to celebrate!! He is a very loved little boy!
 


I turned 26 and we went shopping and up to Calgary to celebrate with Christie!

We went to movies, golfed and went for lots of hikes!


 


We went on a Chipman family vacation to fairmont and had such great weather! We enjoyed playing with cousins and soaking up the sun!!

Lane and I road tripped to Edmonton with my mom and Hallie to visit the Bennetts! We played at the spray park, hiked, shopped, worked out and had so much fun playing!


We had lots of creek path adventures and dips in the creek, we camped and went to bachelor and bachelorette parties.

Our great friends Chris and Jan got married and we had so much fun celebrating their love and dancing the night away!

Matt and I had the privilege of being in our great friends Brady and Devvyn's wedding and we had such a great day celebrating their sweet little family and again dancing the night away!

We celebrated our 4 year wedding anniversary and we took Lane to the zoo for the first time it was the perfect day and then Matt treated me to lobster at the keg 😍

We went to Echo lake with the smiths for our fav camping trip! We had so much fun swimming, tubing, sea doing, jogging, shopping, eating and making memories with the fam!! I can hardly wait for next year!

We went on a great weekend camping trip with our "line family" to Ridge park to end our camping season off right!


We announced that we will be adding a new member to our family in May and we are so excited!!

I started and stopped potty training Lane more times than I would like to admit but I am SO happy to say he is now potty trained!! WAHOO

We had a great Halloween dressing up as the ninja turtles and taking our sweet boy trick or treating he thought it was THE best thing ever.

We took Lane skating for the first time and he absolutely loves it I have a feeling I may be spending a lot of time at the rink in my future!

My sweet grandma Alston was diagnosed with early Alzheimer's and it's been tough on everyone! She has always been so healthy and independent and she will be moving from her home 2 houses away from my moms and into the diamond willow (seniors home) tomorrow. There have been lots of tears and reminiscing but we are so happy for her that she can move into such a nice place and still be so close to family.

We went on a mini vacay to fernie with friends and had so much fun Lane loved water sliding and it was so much fun to have a family friendly get away I think we will be doing that more often!!

We found out we are expecting a baby GIRL and we are SO excited I went shopping the other day and had way to much fun!!

Matt turned 29! Last year of his twenties and we are so proud and thankful for him! He is the hardest working, most thoughtful man that I know. He takes such good care of us and I am thankful every single day for him and his love.

We had a great Christmas and we celebrated New Years with some of our very best friends the Yanke's and got the BEST news they are expecting twins!!! We could not be happier for them!!


I can't helped but feel so incredibly blessed and excited for the year to come we have so many friends expecting babies this year and it is just so exciting!! Life is so beautiful!

I have so many goals I want to accomplish in 2017 it is going to be a fantastic year full of love and not a lot of sleep 😜 but hey I've got this!! I hope you all have a fantastic new year don't forget to dream big and work your but off to achieve those dreams thus year life is such a gift so do what you want, be who you want to be and always spread love and positive energyπŸ’—πŸ’—

Xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment