Wednesday 4 January 2017

22 weeks

Baby Girl Smith is the size of a cob of corn today 🌽 she is quite the active little baby and I love feeling her little flips and kicks! I am still feeling much better only have to take 1 diclectin a day!! My bump is growing and I am embracing all of these amazing changes! As women our bodies are TRULY amazing!! I'm so thankful every single day I was blessed with fertility and healthy babies. My heart aches for my friends and family who struggle with fertility! It's not fair and I hope and pray that one day they can be blessed with beautiful babies!

I honestly wasn't sure how I would feel after working so hard to lose weight and start a healthy lifestyle. I remember being asked if I would have more kids after working so hard to get "fit" . YES babies are so worth all the stretch marks and body expansion 😜 plus I've lost the baby weight once I Know I can do it again!
It's been over a year and half since I made a lifestyle change. I can honestly say I never felt fat. I always knew I was "curvy" and I had just convinced myself that that was my normal and that I could never be "skinny" it just wasn't in my genes. It wasn't until Matt had a bit of a health scare that I realized we needed to make some changes and not to be "skinny" but to be healthy!! I cannot tell you how much better I feel! Mentally, physically, emotionally and just in the way my body works and functions. I never realized just how much the food you eat controls how you feel. I have come to realize that the food you eat can either be the best kind of medicine or the worst kind of sickness. I'm not perfect and I'm still always reading and learning but I am doing my very best to raise and take care of my family in the healthiest ways that I can! This pregnancy has been so much of a better experience! I love that I can still workout and feel great, that I know I am feeding my baby the nutrients she needs to grow and it is exciting to see all the changes in my growing body. ❤️

Well I was hoping a new year would mean we were done with all of these nasty cold and flu seasons BUT poor Lane has an ear infection! We took him into emerge last night and sure enough the poor kid had an ear infection and they had to give him a steroid for his cough! Honestly sick kids are the worst! It's awful to watch him go through this I feel helpless and I'm just trying to do my best to help him feel better! So hopefully the antibiotics will start doing there job and he will be on the mend soon!! I'm very thankful for modern medicine! For now I'm enjoying all the snuggles and love.

Being a mom is the hardest most rewarding job in the world and I wouldn't have it any other way! Being a mom has made me so very happy and so very tired! Happy Wednesday all have a great week 💗xo





No comments:

Post a Comment