Wednesday 30 November 2016

The most wonderful time of the year

I woke up yesterday morning to Lanes usual morning call from his bedroom "momma!" I shut my eyes again hoping I was hearing things and maybe he would just go back to sleep... nope! So I slowly rolled my tired achey prego body out of bed pulled some sweat pants on and a shirt and walked into his room.....Let me back up for a second here Lane still sleeps in a crib. Not because I wanted him to only because he's never tried to get out and has always been so good in it.... when I opened his bedroom door I was shocked to see that he was out of his crib he had turned his sound machine off and put his soother on the bedside table (yes my almost 3 year old still has a soother at night judge away) and he was starting to take his Jammie's off! I was pretty impressed but a little sad because my baby isn't a baby anymore he said "oh hi mom I got out of my crib and I'm ready for breakfast!" Well alrighty then! Lol we went through our morning routine my dad came to watch Lane for me while I went to the dentist and then we headed to Walmart to finish our Christmas shopping!! (Yup I'm all done minus a quick Costco run on Saturday! Hooray!)
when we got home Lane told me he wanted a tuna sandwich so I made him a tuna sandwich which he refused to eat so I told him it was bedtime.... we did our usual nap time routine I sing him a song and kiss him goodnight and let him in the crib! Wahoo freedom now to finish my Christmas wrapping and get in my workout.... NOPE he climbed out of his crib 9 times I kid you not and came downstairs by the ninth time I was so done that I just let him stay up... he was a miserable turd the rest of the day, wouldn't listen, did exactly what I told him not to do etc etc I raised my voice a lot more than I would like to admit lost my patience and was just in an awful mood. Matt came home late and I just felt defeated and unappreciated. We decided if Lane was going to climb out of his crib we might as well move him into his new room and into his big boy bed! (I'll post photos eventually but we are painting it this weekend so maybe next post it's TMNT themed!) anyways we started moving things around and getting his room all set up he was so cute and so excited he could hardly wait to go to bed! He didn't want me to sing to him which kind of broke my heart a little bit but I did sneak in a bed time kiss and a goodnight and then we left him in his new room in his new big boy bed fully expecting him to get out and for it to be a long night but to our surprise he went right to bed! I had to go in there and peak at him in his big boy bed and it actually made me cry! He's getting so big and so independent and suddenly I missed him and was feeling bad about our not so great day! Toddlers are hard! Being a mom is hard! Being pregnant is hard. Life is hard. But that's what makes it so worth while! If it were easy we would take it for granted! I'm thankful for my emotional, stubborn, adorable toddler every little bit of him 💙I am proud to report he slept through the entire in his big boy bed! He didn't even try to get out! (Let's hope that lasts) he was up EARLY Haha but it's still a win!! He's getting too big I'm not ready!!

Holy 17 weeks!!
3 weeks till my ultrasound AH I can hardly wait! It will be the best Christmas prezzie ever!! I am still nauseas and don't feel great but at least I'm not puking (as long as I take my diclectin) I am starting to get some energy back so that's great! I crave sweets which is so weird for me I'm usually a salty girl! And still can't get enough milk! Lol silly pregnancy cravings. I'm still loving working out and eating healthy and I'm enjoying watching this baby grow! I am patiently awaiting feeling baby move around in there!! Any day now!! I'm dying to decorate the nursery especially now that Lanes in his big boy room! I did some Black Friday shopping in lethy with my mom on Thursday while Lane and daddy watched the cowboys game at grandpa Smiths! We had so much fun and I bought a new stroller and monitor for baby Smith! I'm seriously dying to shop for this babe soon I will know if I need to look for blue or pink! Matts secretly hoping it's another boy because we already have everything! Haha less expensive 😜. Me and my mom had such a great day shopping it was so nice to have some girl time I love my momma!

Over the weekend we went on a mini vacation with friends to Fernie! We had so much fun! Some of us girls went up early to shop and go for lunch before the dad and kiddos arrived! It was so nice! We water slided had a pizza party and water slided some more! It was such a great weekend get away!


Are you guys all ready for Christmas?! Gosh I love Christmas!! I try not to go to over the top but I love giving gifts and writing cards and all that fun stuff! Christmas has become so much more special since having Lane! There is no better feeling than seeing his excitement Christmas morning ahh I can hardly wait to watch him open his presents!! One of my fav gifts to give is writing Matt a love letter for his stocking! Try it your guy will love it! Especially if he's like mine and "has everything he wants" which is seriously hard when his birthday also falls on Che eve!! What are some of your guys's favourite gifts to give? Because Matts birthday is Christmas I always try to go out of my way to make it special and all about Matt! This year we are going to stay home just the three of us well 5 including Dre and baby Smith! And we are going to start some fun Traditions of our own! What are some of your favourite Christmas Eve traditions?! I'm trying to make this year extra special it's his last year in his 20's!! Lol he's always spoiling me so it's time to spoil him back!! Comment with some fun Christmas Eve ideas to help a wifey out!! I hope you are all having a fantastic week!! Xoxo Ashylla

No comments:

Post a Comment