Tuesday 8 November 2016

SAHM life

As I sat crying in my Lincoln Navigator parked in my garage I couldn't help but laugh at myself.

Here I am feeling sorry for myself while I sit in my beautiful vehicle in my garage! Sometimes the best thing you can do is laugh at yourself!

I'll back  this story up a bit.... a day in the life of a SAHM

The time change has actually not affected Lane which had been great! We woke up around 8 which is the norm for Lane I changed Lane into his big boy undies and we headed to the kitchen to make some breakfast. I turned on truck town for Lane while I cooked breakfast. I started the coffee because coffee is life! Then I called Lane up for breakfast we ate and then Lane sat on the potty! Yay he peed!! He is great to pee on the potty but pooping not so much!! It's been such a struggle and it's been so hard because I KNOW he knows better anyyyways!

He went downstairs to play while I emptied and reloaded the dishwasher. Then he came upstairs to tell me he had to go potty but he had already gone in his underwear! Ahh I really tried not to lose it but let's be honest I was mad he was JUST on the potty and I was gone for maybe 5 min loading and unloading the dishwasher!! Ahhh so I have to take care of that mess and then banned him from his Halloween candy for the rest of the day. (I usually give him one every time he goes potty) then he cries I try not to freak out and we go on with our day.

 We snuggled and watched zootopia. I have been feeling LOTS of mom and wife guilt lately. I just do not feel good! I feel nauseas and exhausted all day everyday and it's hard for me to be useful. Anyways we snuggled and watched zootopia and ran back and forth to the potty all day long. Lane is into this NO phase and a let's ignore and not listen to mommy stage so he's been spending time in his room lately. I hate doing it but I would hate even more to raise a spoiled entitled brat! SO I do it! He is always so quick to apologize and give me a hug which is so sweet and almost makes me forget all about it!

Then it's nap time! I put my workout gear on and go downstairs to get a workout in. Then I shower, get ready and sometimes sneak in some meditation, reading and journaling! (Ah my me time!) then Lane wakes up and we go potty and I get supper going he helps we usually have an impromptu dance party and tidy up the house before dad gets home! Dad gets home plays with Lane while I finish supper!

Then there's suppper..... Lane has always been such a good water BUT lately he has given me such grief at dinner time it's seriously like pulling teeth to get him to eat! I was getting so frustrated he had been in his room 4 times and still needed to take 2 more bites I put him in his room for that 4th time and then I put my boots and coat on told Matt he needed to take one moe bite and ran to my garage and got in my car and started to Cry!! I felt so defeated I was mad at myself for getting so upset for not being patient enough for not being good enough and then I started thinking about all the great things in my life and I started to laugh at myself!

 I wiped my tears away drove to rexal to pick up my prescription for diclectin and shopped for a bit i went down every isle and I could feel myself destressing and feeling better. I got to the till bought my items and spoiled myself with some starbursts because momma needed a treat! Lol then I drove home and went inside and gave both my boys a big hug! The rest of the night went good lots of runs to the potty, playing and then bed time while I held my sweet boy and sang him a song I realized how silly I had been and how we are both just learning he looked up at me and said mommy I love you SO much! Yup it's so worth it! Some days are great, some days are hard and some days are awful lol but it's so worth it and I am so thankful I get to be a SAHM it is the hardest but most rewarding thing I've ever done! And come May I'll be even crazier but I'm excited and get come May I'll be able to drink wine again SO I'll be just fine!! Haha mom life is great

Xoxo Ashylla

No comments:

Post a Comment