Wednesday 10 January 2018

Slow down mommy

I haven’t blogged in a while, I’ve missed it. This year I want to focus on doing things that make me truly happy. And also letting go of the things that don’t. I want to let go of “stuff” and cherish the things and people who matter the most. It’s easier said than done and lately I’ve been struggling with a stubborn threenager and a teething baby who does not like to sleep. Our morning started at 3:30 this morning with 3 wake ups before that. I found myself frustrated and upset and I hate feeling that way (don’t we all!!) after failing to get Ellie back to bed 3 times I finally decided to get up and start the day. Drank my 28 oz of water fed Ellie her rice cereal and brewed some coffee. It’s hard to be mad when she’s all smiles. We said goodbye to Dad as he left for work and then went down stairs to play, huge coffee in hand of course. By 7 she was ready for a nap (go figure!!) so I laid her down and she was instantly out. By now I’m on my second cup of coffee so I’m not sleeping! I walked into my room and turned on my light only to see my sweet Lane laying in the middle of the bed with Chase clutched in his hand (his paw patrol stuffy) looking so sweet and peaceful I turned the light off and went and snuggled him for a while. Suddenly I was feeling remorse from our day yesterday, we battled most of the day and I lost my patience way to many times. I sat there and cuddled him and silently apologized and promised to do better! Being a mom is hard. It’s the hardest thing I’ve ever done. I’m forever learning and changing and just trying to do my best. The good moments definitely out way the bad but there are a lot of hard moments! Lots of moments you can’t take back and you wished you’d handled better. But the truth is, we all do it. No one is perfect and a sleep deprived mommy deserves some grace. We all do! After snuggling my sweet boy I came downstairs and did some head space. I feel so much better now I’ve forgiven myself for yesterday’s mistakes and I’m optimistic that today will be a better day! I’ll make sure of it!! To all you mommas out there struggling I hear you, I feel you! Try to give yourself grace and always strive to be better than yesterday’s self! You are enough and those kiddos love us imperfections and all 💗 I hope you all have a fabulous Wednesday xo 

No comments:

Post a Comment