Wednesday 1 March 2017

The best 3 years 💙

My whole life changed in a instant 3 years ago today. I will never forget the moment I held my sweet Lane in my arms for the very first time. True love at first sight! We have both learned so much these past three years and grown in so many ways. Being a mom is my absolute favourite thing and I will forever be grateful for the privilege of being Lanes mommy! My heart is so full as I write this blog post. I'm so thankful for my beautiful family and for their love. Motherhood is not easy, nor should it be! It is a gift and it truly completes me. It has taught me great patience, the importance of deep breathes, coffee and a good glass of wine (only 10 more weeks ppl 😜) I have changed and grown up and become a person I am proud to be. It's been three years of self discovery and learning to love myself and my family and learning to always put "us" first and I can hardly wait to add to our family and keep living this truly beautiful life we have created together!

We celebrated Lanes bday with my fam on Saturday before my parents left for Arizona! Here are a few highlights of that day

Today we woke up I made Lane his fav breaky "Cheesey eggs" while he played with his new TMNT sewer layer we are breakfast and chatted about what he wanted to do for his birthday. We played some turtles, snuck in a workout and then we got ready and went swimming. Lane is such a fish he loves the water! We enjoyed some lunch and I just layed him down for a nap. He fights me on them daily but he still needs them and I don't mind getting to snuggle him to sleep! 💙 tonight we are having the Yanke's over for pizza Lanes favourite and enjoying some more birthday fun!



On Saturday we are heading to wear m out to continue the celebrations with Lanes friends! Then Sunday we are going out to Nana's for another party ( holy parties I know!) Lane doesn't mind he loves getting a birthday week!

I am 30 weeks pregnant today!! So crazy only 10 more weeks till we meet our baby girl!! We are all so so excited!!

So much on this mom brain lately! I'm realizing how quickly my due date is approaching and how much more on top of things I was with Lane than I am now. Haha I need to finish the nursery, start thinking about my hospital bag, start getting all the "supplies" for post pregnancy! This is what I fear the most not birth! I'm excited for birth it's the after math of my body that I dread.... I'm trying not to think about it, because it's all coming back to me annnnd I'm a bit terrified lol good thing babies are so worth it!! I also am trying to get my post baby wardrobe sorted out! Nursing friendly, comfy but not frumpy.... you know all those important things! Haha sleeping has become even more of an issue I can't get comfortable and I cannot shut this mom brain off!! Things at the Smith house are great I am slowly but surely getting everything ready and prepared for the babe and enjoying and cherishing Lane and mine one on one time while we still have it!! I hope your all having a fantastic week!! Xoxo 😘

No comments:

Post a Comment