Wednesday 15 March 2017

Mom

Mom

A three letter word that I never knew held such purpose. The quicker time goes by the more excited and nervous this MOM gets.

I have absolutely loved these three years with Lane. We have this indescribable bond and love that I will never take for granted. It's been hard and it's been great. Messy and perfect. Lots of laughs and tears and learning for the both of us.

I lay awake at night and worry that my bond with Lane is going to somehow be weakened by the arrival of his baby sister. I never want him to feel second best, or put on the back burner. I don't know how I'm going to do it and adjust but I know I will do it with love. I will do my very best and I will always try to take the time to make them both feel loved, and special and to always remember that I am enough.

Us moms tend to think we need to be "perfect" but our kids don't need us to be perfect, they need us to love them, to teach them to be present and to be our best so they can be their very best.

I have 8 weeks left until our family will grow by one beautiful baby girl. I am trying to cherish these last weeks just me and Lane! He has decided he's too cool for naps now which has been hard on this 32 week prego momma, but we are adapting and I'm enjoying making him a part of my "me" time. He loves joining in on my workouts and he loves helping me prep and cook supper. Some days (most days) it would be 100% easier to get a good workout in by myself and to cook supper by myself but I'm learning patience, and I love the fact that he wants to be just like mom and help out.

I've been told by my massage therapist that I shouldn't be picking Lane up anymore... I guess 37lbs is a bit much for a mom in her third trimester but it's been so hard! Soon I really won't be able to pick him up, and soon he won't want me to! I've just started to sit and hold him (when he will let me!) lately he has been non stop wanting to race, play fight, nerf war, and play ninja turtles! I'm lucky if we get a few "breaks" during the day. when 8 o'clock bed time rolls around we are all ready for bed!!

I'm SO excited for Lane to become a big brother! I know the transition will take some time but I'm so excited to watch them learn and grow together.

I am so thankful for this beautiful life Matt and I have worked hard for and created together! I'm so thankful for that handsome hubby of mine! He works so incredibly hard to provide for our family! And then after a long day comes home and plays with Lane while mommy takes a break. He always knows when I need a good hug, back rub, coffee or a bubble bath. He is the best husband and daddy and I'm so thankful for him!! There is no one else I'd rather live this crazy bra life with!

As much as I hope these 8 weeks fly by so I don't have to be pregnant anymore and so I can hold this sweet baby girl in my arms. I also hope to truly enjoy and cherish these weeks as a family of 3! Being a mom has truly completed me and I am so very excited and maybe a bit nervous to become a mom of two! Life is beautiful when you do what you love. Xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment