Monday 24 August 2015

An important lesson I learned on my fitness journey

We cannot change genetics! We are born with a certain body type! Learn to embrace it and love your body! Learn how to properly work out your body to achieve your ideal physique! No you cannot get taller, longer legs, longer torso ect but yes you can perfect your beautiful body and be proud of every inch of it! I'm a hair stylist by trade and this applies to my line of work also! Often times women come in with a picture and say this is EXACTLY what I want my hair to look like and I say ok honey well you do not have the same face shape as this celebrity, you don't have the same hair type as this lady, you don't have the same, thickness, the same extensions ect ect but yes I can give you a version of this hair style! Tell me what you like most about the hair not the celebrity but the hair. They often change there mind completely and we decide on something suitable for there face shape and hair type! The same applies for your body and your fitness and diet routine! I am personally very short I am 5'1 so any weight I gain is extremely noticeable! I have a short torso and short legs so I really do not want to add any bulk to my physique I just want to tone and tighten to create an illusion of height! I do not use weights I do all of my exercise just using my own body weight. I do use a medicine ball for my Russian twists and for one of my squat circuits but other than that no weights at all. You need to figure out your body type set reasonable goals and make a plan of how to turn those goals into reality! We have to truly know and understand our bodies if we want to get accurate results! 
I have truly learned to love my body. I embrace being short! Good things come in small packages right! 😜 I have embraced my tiny boobs and learned to appreciate them! I've learnt that the best thing we can do for our mind body and spirit is truly love ourselves and take care of our selves! Life is beautiful start living it to the fullest! What is stopping you? Fear? Kick fear in the but and prove it wrong! You won't be sorry you may be sore! But you will never be sorry!! Xoxo 
 Ashylla

No comments:

Post a Comment