Tuesday 1 January 2013

Happy New Year..

Happy New Year!
This New Year's was a quiet one for The Smith's (I love that we are The Smiths) Matt has been sick since Friday. The poor guy has been basically bed ridden and couldn't even hardly get up at all. He wasn't improving so I took him into emerge on Sunday. It turns out he has a very bad flu bug that the doctor said could last for up to 10 days...(seriously?!) And with the flu there was nothing she could give him. He just needed rest, Tylenol, lots of liquids, Gatorade, soup annd his wife's undivided attention! lol He is finally starting to feel better! (Thank Goodness!!) I can't say I was ecstatic to spend New year's eve at home but I love my husband very much and I knew that he needed me, and that there was no other place I wanted to be if he couldn't be there. (I did pout a little bit tho..) We spent the night cuddled up on couch, watching some comedy network, rookie blue, and sipping some sparkling apple juice. It wasn't our most exciting new years but it was just what we needed. We made it to midnight and despite Matt being sick I still got my smooch at midnight :).
sparkling apple juice

Dre didn`t make it till midnight

me and my sicky (love you babe)
 
 
2012 was such a great Year for Matt and I. We were engaged, planning our wedding, getting settled in Pincher Creek, I was building a clientele, going to showers, having our stags, spending time with family (it felt like we were never home) and we got Married!! I don't know if 2013 can top that but I am very excited to be starting the New year as Mrs. Smith! I have been thinking allot today about what I want to accomplish and goals to set for 2013. There is always the getting fit, eating healthy goal..I think EVERYONE sets that one. But when I really think about what I want to accomplish in the year some of the things that come to mind are...
  •  catch up on my scrap booking, and make more memories to scrapbook! (Matt got me a cricket for Christmas so this should be fun!)
  • paint, decorate, and work on the house! I really want to get my scrap booking room looking awesome! And there are always little things to do around the house!!
  • I want to take Dre on more walks! Sometimes its hard to want to do anything once I get home from work but I really want to make an effort!
  • Spend time with the people in my life who make time for me!
  • Learn to say no every once in a while! (I`m very bad at this)
  • Enjoy being married and make some awesome memories with my husband!
 
That`s all I`ve gotten so far but I`m sure there will be many more to come! I am excited for another Year and am very thankful for my great husband, family and friends! xoxo
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment